Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photo Gallery






















MAHATMA GANDHI AWARENESS PEACE WALK SEPTEMBER 2008




The basis of my walk is Gandhi's reply to a Christian missionary whoasked what he could do for the people who were suffering in povertyand Gandhi's reply which went straight to the core."We must step down from our pedestals and go and live with the peoplewho are suffering and experience their hardships and their sorrows"I intend therefore to walk the whole distance with that in mind. Thestatistics tell us that half the world…nearly 3 billion… live on lessthan $2 per day. I have even seen figures which suggest that thefigure is only $1 per day, but I will settle for $2 per day. Thismeans that all I can spend is $10 for the five days of walking andthis is my estimate of expenses.Accomodation nil I will take a sleeping bag and sleeplike the homelessWater nil Australia is a 1st worldcountry and Tap Water is pureFood :Biscuits (Parle) $3Dates $4Fruit $3TOTAL $10For me the possible hardship is NOTHING compared with the suffering ofthe millions and millions of people who are, and have always beencondemned to a life of abject poverty and virtual slavery.My hope is that I can enter the hearts and minds and conscience ofpeople to be able to make them feel as I do and react as I am reacting.It is necessary for the world to embrace Gandhi's message for therealization of PEACE.Garvin Brown - http://us.mc338.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=garvin%40onthenet.com.auMahatma Gandhi Awareness




No comments: