Thursday, July 17, 2008

letter from Pravin Patel to Garvin Brown


Dear Garvin Brown

You want to get e-mail address of Sajidbhai Painter but he is poor man. I don’t think he is using computer. I read this news from our local news paper. I will get his address from news reporter and I will request him to put his work on website.

Yesterday early morning I met one another painter in the way of my Gandhi Feri route who is like Sajidbhai. This painter is very poor and he is painting advertising work on road and road side wall for small business men. I forgotten his name but he has also done one large cotton painting on road side wall like Sajidbhai Painter on last 2nd October, 2007 , birthday of Gandhiji near full size statue of Mahatma Gandhi, Income tax circle, Ashram road, Ahmedabad. On last 2nd October, 2007 when I was moving on my bicycle in the early morning in my Gandhi Feri route he had invited me to see his painting. On that day so many media people and politicians had visited his painting place to see his painting.

Yesterday he told me that one politician had also offered me to buy my Gandhiji’s painting but I refused to sell my painting. I advised this painter that you are poor man and you need money and you are getting big amount for selling this Gandhiji’s painting; you should have to sell it. He told me that “No...No... Gandhiji is not for selling, I like to keep my painting in my house for memory”. He has also planned to do another large painting on Gandhiji’s life on coming 2nd October, 2008 near Vastrapur Lake in Ahmedabad. Gandhiji is till now in poor people’s hearts.

I am also feeling good for my Gandhi Feri activity because day by day people are giving me more and more love, congratulation and support and demanding CDs of Gandhiji's favorite bhajans. People are also giving me money and that money I am using for getting biscuits for poor children.

Regards

Pravin Patel

No comments: